I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
Translation

Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Psalms Chapter 7, 8, & 9

Thanks and praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Psalms Chapter 7
1: O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
2: Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
3: O LORD my God, if I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
4: If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
5: Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
6: Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
7: So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
8: The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
9: Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
10: My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
11: God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
12: If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
13: He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
14: Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
15: He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
16: His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
17: I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.

Psalms Chapter 8
1: O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
2: Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3: When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4: What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5: For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6: Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
7: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
8: The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
9: O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Psalms Chapter 9
1: I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
2: I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
3: When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
4: For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.
5: Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
6: O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them.
7: But the LORD shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
8: And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
9: The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
10: And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
11: Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.
12: When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
13: Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
14: That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
15: The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
16: The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
17: The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
18: For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
19: Arise, O LORD; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
20: Put them in fear, O LORD: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by WebRing.