I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
Translation

Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Saving Souls For Jesus

Thanks and praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
I have run across some self called Christians and who am I to know whether they are or not. Specifically one that I will not name but he is involved in one of the largest evangelical ministries today. I had written the ministry a simple question and they did everything but answer the question. On my second attempt to get an answer they wrote me back and this is an excerpt of it.

"It is apparent that you disagree that any assistance should be given
this 'Jewish' organization without having an evangelistic 'condition'.
You believe you are correct in your assessment; nevertheless, this is
the position that this ministry has taken in regard to this outreach.
Thank you for sharing this information with our ministry."

Call me ignorant or what you will here is my question that I had sent them:
Hello, I was wanting to know if Jesus Christ is in your beliefs anywhere and
how or why not? Thank You" This was all I wrote.

I had already given to these people and the answer to my question would not have changed that.

I was just wanting to understand what and how they believed. But I could not get an answer. I did some research on my own and found what I was looking for, I think. But why would anyone respond to a simple question like this without answering it? It seems as though they were very defensive in their response to me. I know that they must have to deal with a lot of e-mail criticizing them in one way or another. I did not intend for my question to be construed as such, but it was.
The reason for sharing this with you is to not dog them in any way. I would just like to point out that if anyone is trying to get information from you or me why would we not be enthused by that. That would mean to me that God is working in someones heart and spirit to gain knowledge. Maybe I am naive. But if someone asks me a question I try to answer it openly and honestly. I think that is the only way to be. There is enough politics going on in the political arena. Let us show the love that Gods' grace has given us through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour sharing the good news of Christ along with the mercy and compassion that goes along with it.
If someone is in need we should care about that. Not what religion they are. For Gods' love has no boundaries. In showing that more may come to Christ and be saved. Wouldn't that be great?
For so many trying to do the same thing, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, there is a lot of division from within. We all need to work together for the common goal of saving souls for Jesus Christ. Amen?



1 Corinthians 3:1-23
1: And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2: I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3: For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4: For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5: Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6: I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7: So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8: Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9: For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
10: According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11: For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12: Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13: Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14: If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15: If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
16: Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17: If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
18: Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
19: For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
20: And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
21: Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
22: Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
23: And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by WebRing.