I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
Translation

Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Pray Pray Pray

Thanks and praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
For someone who may not know. At the very top of this page you can enter a word or phrase in and search this blog to see if I have anything pertaining to that.
When we wake up in the morning the very first thing coming to our thoughts should be us thanking and praising God for another day to be able to praise and worship Him. Starting the day that way is pleasing to God. We will have a better attitude and be better equipped to face the struggles of that day. It truly makes a difference when we know that everything is in God's hands. It is not all on our shoulders to bear alone. This does not come to all in the same way. When we get born again, saved, by the grace of God through His Son Jesus Christ not all things will change right then. But some do. I used to be a very heavy drinker, to put it lightly. But when Christ came into my life He took that all away for me. I was going to die from my alcohol abuse and I know it. It had been going on for twenty years+. I still have my faults and will have them until I am away from this earthly body. It is different for everyone. It is a process and a wonderful journey when Christ comes into your life. He will work in us all of our days getting us ready to be with Him. Do not give up on God because He will never ever leave you. He is with us always. Pray to the Lord in the name of Jesus Christ. Do not just use Him in times of sickness or of death. Some wait until they are in grave danger or on their death bed before they will speak to God. Don't let that be you. Jesus wants to be your friend and as a friend would you not talk to Him everyday? You will see changes in your life. Believe me. This is a personal thing between you and Christ. He knows you and loves you. That is why He died for us.


2 Corinthians 10:12: "For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

Matthew 6:1-18
1: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
2: Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
3: But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
4: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
5: And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6: But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7: But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
8: Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
9: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11: Give us this day our daily bread.
12: And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
14: For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
16: Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
17: But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
18: That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

Psalms 86:1-13
1: Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
2: Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee.
3: Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
4: Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
5: For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.
6: Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
7: In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
8: Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.
9: All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.
10: For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone.
11: Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
12: I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
13: For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by WebRing.