Thursday, April 23, 2009
National Day of Prayer on May 7
The theme for this year's National Day of Prayer on May 7 is Prayer ... America's Hope! It's based on Psalm 33:22, which says, "May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in You."
This is an extremely critical time in America's history. From economic pressures, to the ongoing threat of terrorism, to the unraveling of our culture's moral fabric, many people are dealing with a deep sense of uncertainty and apprehension.
However, we can be confident that when we come to God in humble prayer, He hears us and stands ready to respond to our cries for help. Our forefathers sought the Almighty for guidance and safekeeping; and we, too, can depend on His divine intervention if we will turn to Him in repentance and prayer. That will be our purpose as we gather with other people of faith across the nation on May 7th.
There are many ways you can get involved:
• Join our LIVE online prayer room every Thursday at Noon CST
• Find local events
• Connect with volunteers in your area
• Request free devotionals
• Download prayer resources
• Join the Online Prayer Rally
• Sign-up for weekly prayer tips via email
• Support Regan Smith, driver of the NDP and Furniture Row race car at NASCAR's Talladega event on April 26th
• View GOD TV's LIVE webcast and television coverage of the National Observance from Washington D.C. from 9-noon EST on May 7th.
Visit www.NationalDayofPrayer.org to learn more.
Again, I hope you will join with millions of other Americans on Thursday, May 7th, to observe the 58th annual National Day of Prayer.
Donald E. Wildmon,
Founder and Chairman
American Family Association
National Day of Prayer site.
Let's all pray for a more peaceful world.
Links to this post: