I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
Translation

Saturday, May 17, 2008

 

Another Christian Martyr in Iraq

Thanks and praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Another Christian Martyr in Iraq

To view this offer online, click here.

Mourning Every night on the news we hear updates of violence in Iraq. The war continues and commentators debate whether American soldiers should be there or not. What we do not hear about is the plight of Christian nationals in Iraq. For them a spiritual war wages.

When "Muhammad" first converted to Christianity from Islam, he kept his new faith a secret. In fact, the first person he told outside of his wife and son was a Christian named "Joseph." He knew the risks of sharing his faith with others in his homeland of Iraq but felt led to do so anyway. So he witnessed to his extended family. Following radical teachings of Islam, family members killed Muhammad.

Muhammad's widow sent Muhammad's friend "Joseph" an e-mail after the martyrdom of her husband. She wrote:

"I have bad news. Muhammad is dead. Our family killed him for sharing his new faith in Jesus Christ. I miss him dearly. Muhammad left me two important things: my son and our Bible. I'll never forget why he died. He died for Jesus. I believe Jesus will help me. Tell the people [other Christians] to pray for me."

Muhammad's widow and son are now being supported by VOM's Families of Martyrs fund. This is perhaps VOM's most important work: reaching out to families who have been victims of severe persecution and martyrdom. Each week we learn about new cases that need our support.

Would you like to help VOM expand this critical work? We invite you to follow the link below to learn more about VOM's Families of Martyrs fund and to make a contribution. Your support will provide for the immediate needs of our persecuted family members.

» Help expand VOM's Families of Martyrs fund

Thank you for your prayers and support for those persecuted for the cause of Christ. Please feel free to share this e-mail with your Christian friends and family.


Revelation 17:6
6: And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by WebRing.