I have called upon thee, for thou wilt hear me, O God: incline thine ear unto me, and hear my speech.
Translation

Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Christ : The Center And Object Of Our Faith

Thanks and praise to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Putting off the things of man and go back to making Jesus Christ the center of our faith and our life eternal. Christ has made us whole who believe in Him, period.
I have taken a couple of paragraphs below from a devotion that I received from Gospel Chapel Ministries. If you would like to go to their site clickHere

See COL 2:10, "And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead."

Satan tries to use these things which can seem so sacred to replace the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ as the object of our comfort and our salvation. Something can become so sacred to us; we can be so sincere, and yet be so sincerely wrong. Satan is coming forth as an angel of light. He pulls our eyes away from the perfect righteousness of Christ; then Christ is not the center and object of our faith.


John 20:23-31
23: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
24: But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25: The other diDidymus therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26: And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27: Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28: And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
29: Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
30: And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:
31: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Powered by WebRing.